Friday 31 August 2012

Arty Farty World

Yes, I know, I've been lazy.  I've not posted for a while and I know that you are desperate for news!

Thing is, Mum, who is my personal secretary, has been very busy setting up THE ART OF LIFE.

This a voluntary group and the idea is to help local cancer patients and their families heal and find meaning through art, music, story telling along with holistic and spiritual therapies.

Sounds exciting eh?

Thing is, I'm going to be involved too when I'm a bit older.

I've told Mum I want to be a Therapy Dog but I need to be at least 9 months old before I can apply.

In the meantime though, I know Mum will take me along to these art sessions.

I can't wait to get my paws dirty!


What's been happening in my world?  

Here's a quick run through:


I'm posing Mum!
  • I'm now 14 weeks old, very mischievous, lively and my coat is getting long.
  • I've now got my own Pet Passport which means I can go abroad on holiday. Can't wait for that!
  • I hate going outside to pee and poop in the morning.  I prefer the kitchen floor, much to Mum's dismay.   I really don't like getting my paws and tummy wet first thing.  Brrrrr!!!
  • I love going out in my bicycle basket with Mum.  And how cool is this?  Mum even takes me along in the basket when she's giving  her client a cycle lesson!!
  • I'm partial to cat food (Yum!) which I mustn't have cos it's full of wheat products which upset my tummy. But I just love gobbling up the cat's left overs when Mum's not looking.  She's got wise to it though and takes the food away when the pussycats have finished eating. 
    Keep cycling Mum;
    it makes your hair go funny
    Tee Hee!
  • I've got my own 'business cards'. Posh eh?  Well, when we're out on walkies, we get stopped by so many people for a chat, cuddle and "ooohs" and "aaaahs".  Most people have never heard of the Havanese breed with many thinking I'm a cross breed.  That makes me cross so Mum's got these cards to give out with info about my breed.  Cool eh?
  • I went to a doggie show last Sunday.  Dead excited to go but the heavens opened and I got soaked.  Mum dried me off and Dad stuck me in his jacket to keep me warm cos I was all shivery and getting wet made me feel a bit ruff the next day.  Dad bought me a lovely little waterproof coat though.  It'll come in handy when we hit the Alps for skiing in 2013.
  • Lily the cat is still not my friend.  She hisses, spits, and lashes out. I only want to say hello!  Hugo, the other cat, and I get on well although I think he gets a bit fed up when I chase his tail.  
  • I've really found my voice.  I like nothing more than having a conversation over the garden fence with TJ the Jack Russell and Tess the Collie, who is just back from her holidays in La Belle France.  We all love gossiping.
  • Mum and I continue to work on our training exercises.  I didn't have to go to school this week cos Monday was a Bank Holiday.  I'll do anything for chicken but I've noticed that Mum is substituting chicken for toys when we do training. You can read more about my playschool exercises here 
    Love the pink Dad!
  • I'm not too keen on walking on my lead.  I like to grab hold of it and carry it myself but Mum won't let go of the handle.  So she's bought me a harness so that the lead won't distract me when walking.   When I'm older, I wont wear a harness cos it will get tangled in my long coat and cause nasty matts. 
  • I now weigh 2.7kgs, so I'm growing fast. My food is all natural cos that's the best for me to help my bones form properly without giving me nasty poops. Mum adds variety by putting a little carrot smoothie into my food or sometimes some natural goat's yoghurt which I love.
  • Dad and I love having some cuddle time when he gets home from work.   I love my Dad and go berserk when he walks through the door.  I know when he's home cos the crunching of the car tyres on the gravel driveway kinda gives it away. 
  • One last thing to tell you.  My Auntie Lin has lent me a big bean bag which I love playing and jumping around on.  I love the squishiness of it so much that Mum's order me one of my own.  It's not come yet, but should be here any day now.  Hurry up Postie!
Just before Mum and I get ready to go to Beccles this morning (Mum's giving another cycle lesson) I want to share this lovely photo with you.   Yesterday rained much and the wind was like a hurricane.  But once the rain stopped, Mum noticed something quite beautiful suspended in time.......



A raindrop suspended in a spider's web


HP3

No comments:

Post a Comment